This recipe can also be adapted to make pumpkin bread muffins in stead of a single pumpkin bread loaf if you prefer the individual serving style that muffins offer. I have included those instructions at the bottom of the recipe.
We really do love pumpkin dessert recipes in my family, but Pumpkin Bread also makes a delicious breakfast or midday snack.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
Yields: serves 6-8
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin (I use Libby’s canned pumpkin)
- ½ cup olive oil (can sub with canola or vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combined pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, and spices.
- Then, combined with dry ingredients but, do not mix too thoroughly. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-buttered 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a thin skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe Can Be Adapted for Muffins
If desired, you can bake this recipe in a muffin tin. The muffins come out just as moist as the bread.
Simply Adjust your baking time to:
20 – 25 minutes