I prefer quick and easy recipes like this fruit salad recipe. During the holidays or on special occasions, I would rather spend my time with my family and friends than in the kitchen cooking so I am always delighted when I find a recipe that is a snap to prepare.
In this article, I will share a fruit salad recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, makes a pretty addition to the table and tastes fabulous!
I can not recall when or where I originally obtained this recipe, but I have used it for many years now and it is always a treat. It is especially wonderful during the holidays since it can be served as an appetizer, a side or a dessert. Plus, it is a family favorite so it is always a welcome addition to any menu.
In the rare case that there are leftovers, I have been known to eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Once the fruit salad is mixed together and refrigerated, it will still be good for several days.
Ingredients for Fruit Salad
- One 20 oz. Can of Tidbit Pineapples, Drained
- One 28 oz. Can of Fruit Cocktail or Two 15 oz. cans of Fruit Cocktail, 1/2 Drained
- One 15 oz. Can of Tropical Fruit, 1/2 Drained
- 1 Large Box (5 oz.) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- One 8 oz. Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Drain all of the juice from the can of Pineapple Tidbits
- Drain 1/2 of the juice from the Fruit Cocktail
- Drain 1/2 of the juice from the can of Tropical Fruit
- In a Large Mixing Bowl, Combine All of the Fruit
- Stir in Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Stir in the Cool Whip
- Refrigerate Until Ready to Serve
Additional Fruit Salad Recipe Recommendations & Options
This recipe, as is, makes approx. 15 serving. The recipe can be halved for a small dinner party.
As you can see in the top photo, I enjoy serving my fruit salad in a parfait glass to add beauty to my dinner table.
However it tastes just as delicious served in a bowl.